23 October 2013

Facial Mist : Caudalie, Shu Uemura, Uriage, Avene, Tony Moly, My Beauty Diary, Herbalife, Za Review

I'm listing down all the facial mists I have or had for the ease of comparison. Facial mists provide moisture and a quick pick-me-up for the face. I have combination skin - dry on the cheeks and oily T-zone. It's important for me to have a mist that doesn't leave me greasy. I have my priorities on mists that provide moisture. I reside in a hot and humid country making it almost necessary to cool down the face! Mists are good considering you don't have to touch your face to moisturize it.

Let's see how each of these fare and if they live up to their descriptions:

Caudalie Organic Grape Water Eau de Raisin - This is hands down the BEST facial mist I have ever used. It delivers what it promises- moisture and one that is lasting. I wouldn't say it smells amazing but it's alright. It has a faint smell so it's not a problem. It cools down the skin after spraying and leaves no oily residue AT ALL. Love the cool sensation after spraying! Love the spray nozzle that imparts super fine mist that distributes evenly on the skin. Skin feels moisturized hours later and it makes some of the patchy and flaky skin disappear! What's not to love? Miracle product don't you think?

Shu Uemura Depsea Water Mist Brume in Chamomile - I got the one in Chamomile as I find the smell calming. I'm an easily stressed up person I need calming things to balance me out. The scent is wonderful, it does moisturize and doesn't leave my skin oily. The only reason I don't find this as great as Caudalie is because it's not as outstanding in terms of results and it doesn't give me that really cool feeling right after i spray. This may be due to the container - the Caudalie mist is kept in an aerosol-type can whereas Shu Uemura mist is kept in a normal spray bottle. Nevertheless, it's a good product.

Eau Thermal d'Uriage - Claiming to have over 10,000 minerals in a small bottle this feels like I'm spraying sea water on my face. It does energize the face and doesn't  leave an oily residue. Moisture wise, this is alright. I feel they are more focused on the minerals instead of moisture.

Avene Eau Thermale Thermal Spring Water - They say facial mists are no different from water. And I have to agree for this specific product. Don't get me wrong, I have always loved their packaging and other products but I feel this is nothing more that eau. There's no smell, I wouldn't say it moisturizes, it doesn't leave me greasy though. It just doesn't really do anything. Through longer usage, it actually leaves the face drier as it is a water-type face mist. The mist sprayed on the skin evaporates together with some of the skin's natural moisture. Sounds dangerous?

Tony Moly Sleek Mist - There's two types; Sleek Mist for the combination or oily type of skin and there;s Moist Mist for dry skin. I chose the Sleek Mist as the SA told me it moisturizes and helps control oil at the same time. Not that my face is an oil mine, but I wouldn't mind keeping it oil-free if there's such a product. The scent is heavenly. The thing about Korean products are the scent. Most, if not all of the products smell very, very good. It elevates one's well-being in an instant! Much as I like the (uber cute) packaging and the scent, it left me with a slightly oily face that felt heavy. I notice products that claim to reduce oil seem to have a counter-effect. It is said that oily skin are actually dry underneath the dermis and needs to be balanced out by moisturizing to reduce oiliness. Maybe better luck with the Moist Mist.

My Beauty Diary Orange Lotus & White Lotus Moisturizing Mist - First thing I noticed is the scent. Strong, fruity orangey scent. It does leave the face moisturized. The only downside would be the initial fruit "punch" that may be a little overwhelming.

Herbalife Radiant C Face Quencher - This gives me a terrible headache every single time I spray this. I wanted to like this as it was a gift. It doesn't leave the face oily which is good, but the headache is a deal breaker. It could be the composition and ingredients, I don't know what it is but it makes me avoid it like the plague.

Za Total Hydration Energy Mist - WORST mist of the lot for what is says : Total Hydration. Horrible scent, horrible spray nozzle. Not only the nozzle distributes the mist unevenly onto the face, it leaves a greasy residue almost right after. My face felt so heavy with grease it's as if it got hooked to a dumbbell. Bad, bad product for me. It may not work for me but may work for those with Sahara-dry skin. Who knows.


Bottom line - It's important to know what you're looking for in a face mist. As for me it's definitely moisture without the heavy, greasy feeling. What about you?

Polkadotpaw 

No comments:

Post a Comment