23 November 2013

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 467 Pygmalion



The Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 467 Pygmalion was released as a limited edition for Summer 2013. It's a raspberry shade that gives a very healthy glow to the face. The texture is similar to that of a tinted lip balm, very moisturizing when worn and most importantly, the colour doesn't seep in to cracks of the lips (which is very unsightly).

When I first bought it here's what I thought (posted on my facebook page right after I got it in May):
Believe it or not, this is the first time I bought a lipstick (coming from a make up junkie). The selection available in the market is far too wide though I never found one I loved so I give up looking for one. But this. This is perfect shade gorgeous in every way. Worn with or without a full face it gives a healthy cherry-kissed glow without being over the top. Just wished it wasn't limited edition.

Okay, I have to admit I WAS infatuated with the colour. Maybe it was the lighting at the Chanel counter that makes the difference. After a while, I found that it was a little too deep for my liking. Blame it on the Moods. Well, oh well. I still like it though. I think this is suitable for both warm and cool skin tones. I wouldn't say it's perfect for everyday - a little too red for me and overpowering as a MLBB colour. One swipe is good to go, two swipes OTT. Really, it depends on preferences as well. 

It's true I don't really own one too many lipsticks - Most of which are given as gifts. I have lots of lip glosses though. They're too shiny / juicy to resists! Though ever since this Rouge Coco Shine I've been looking into more lipsticks with sheer coverage that provide moisture at the same time. I love this type of texture! And it's easier to apply and bring along in purses etc. 

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks retail at RM95.



Swatches coming soon! 



Polkadotpaw 




No comments:

Post a Comment