01 December 2013

FOTD for Avicii Live in Malaysia 2013 - Sepang International Circuit

No, I won't be going. I'm back in my hometown enjoying a semester off with all the good food, warm people minus the hustle and bustle. This is a quick post on a look you can do for rave parties and such. A few things to keep in mind for such events would be a suitable look and smudge-proof & water-proof make-up. Usually raves would be done open air and one can never predict the weather. If it's hot outside, you would want your make-up to be smudge proof because your face may turn oily (for those with combination and oily skin). And as for the water-proof make-up, if it rains, you wouldn't want your mascara to melt and make you look like you went for a Marilyn Manson concert instead of a rave.

Avicii is spinning live and I'll be missing all the action! Though I can't be there in person I'll channel my excitement to doing a face of the day (or in this case face of the night).

I made sure to pick an eyeliner that is smudge-proof to minimise smudging risks. I created this look without putting any foundation on. I just applied some highlighting cum concealer under eyes, blemishes and discolourations on the face to make it look flawless. I need my skin to breathe when I know I'll be out for such long hours AND when I reach back to my place I know I'm definitely going to pass out due to exhaustion. There is a possibility I'll be too tired to remove my makeup, so to be on the safe side it's better to just leave my complexion as it is. I did put primer on for the sheen that it gives - and swept highlighter on parts of my face for that glow. Imagine how the lights will shine upon your face when you're in the arena. The lazer lights in all its glory penetrating the air making the night sky unbelievably bright, all the while dancing to the beat of the music. And all of the lights, the beats, they take you on a journey where you've never been before. Who knew that it all can be so majestic? Oh boy, just thinking about it makes my blood pump. Just embrace the moment with me. Embrace it.

Okay back to topic.

A look that is fun is great - think winged liner and bold lips. If you think it's going to be too much - it doesn't really matter because it's going to be dark out there and nobody can really scrutinize your imperfect liner or your bold lip colour that may be a little too much for daytime. Most importantly, just look good to feel good and have fun!

Products used (lip products will be listed as captions just below photos as there's one for the faint-hearted and another for the not so faint-hearted) :

Face : Guerlain Meteorites Perles Light Diffusing Perfecting Primer, Etude House My Wish Cheek (Highlighter) in #1 Gorgeous Snow, L'oreal Lucent Magique Light Touch Up Pen

Cheeks : The Body Shop Nature's Minerals Cheek Colour in 03 Warm Copper

Brows : Shiseido Maquillage in some brown shade

Eyes : Urban Decay Naked Palette (Sidecar and Creep), Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Eye pencil in 01 Onyx, Revlon 3D Volume Mascara in 001 Blackest Black (Waterproof)



  Lips : Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrabase Creme Lipstick in 81 Rouge Peche



Or you can just dab the bold lip colour gently on your lips for just bitten lips. In the above picture I just tissued the bold colour off. You can achieve similar effects by dabbing the lipstick gently and then even out with fingers. 



For the faint-hearted. Lips : Dior Addict Lipstick in 422 Tokyo. 


Of the two different looks I prefer the one with bold lips - it screams fun, energetic and ready to party! Which look would you prefer? Do tell me and comment below!

Polkadotpaw

1 comment: